Written by Casey Milano
Let me start by saying I’m sorry – amid a beautiful heatwave I am going to talk about Autumn fashion and the trends that are set to invade your wardrobes this fall.
What will the independent fashion- conscious woman be wearing this Autumn? Think strong animal print and leather (not together – unless of course you want to). With the Trump circus never ending and the #metoo movement making headlines all over the world it’s no surprise current affairs are making their way onto our clothes. Think of next season as the true expression of women in 2018.
High shine – whether vinyl, latex or plastic (huge deal with all the attention on plastic in our oceans). Bright shine clothing will make you stand out for all the right reasons, earth and animal friendly this trend makes a statement.
- Modesty dressing – with feminism and women’s sexuality at their highest its no surprise its made its way into designer’s inspiration, from heavy layers to flowing power suits women’s figures are no longer a part of the boardroom.
- Animal print – head to toe- though animal print is nothing new for the autumn and winter seasons its now a bit more in your face, from trench coats to floor length skirts and dresses animal print can’t be missed.
- Leather dresses – whether short and sweet or long and luscious (I can use that description for clothes, right?) a leather dress no longer has the reputation it used too – try not to wear at the beginning of autumn because you will regret it when you have a Ross moment in the bathroom (if you haven’t watched friends then I can’t help you).
- Logo clothing – on your t-shirt or your shoes you will have at least one piece of your clothing will have a slogan on it this season. Yup, your clothes will be expressing your opinion like never before.
- The cape – the cape can be as versatile as you need it to be but choose wisely - get it right and you will be ready to play superhero on the runway (in a good way!) get it wrong and you could end up more Dracula.
- Pleats – love them or hate them pleats will make their way into your wardrobe in one way or another. Toughen them up with some biker boots or soften them with a silk blouse, pleats aren’t just for school teachers anymore.
- Tweed it up – perhaps it’s the aftermath of the Royal wedding and the upcoming one of princess Eugenie in October, but tweed is back in a big way! no longer for the country house set tweed is the ultimate nod to British heritage.