From that faux fur coat you’ve had your eye on for months to the mid heel metallic boots you’ve been penny pinching for, here we have the ultimate Black Friday guide 2017 to make November your favourite time of the month.
It’s not long now until the most popular holiday of the year and festivities start kicking in (if they haven’t already) but although Christmas is just around the corner, there is one more event to add to your calendar, Black Friday!
Originally starting in the US, it is the day following thanks giving and is a perfect time to get all your Christmas gifts and items you’ve been lusting over all year but weren’t prepared to pay full price for.
It is the only day in the year where all brands discount their stock by ridiculous amounts and people literally go crazy over it and it causes mayhem in the streets, take these simple tips on board this year to avoid disappointment.
1. Shop smart-
Know what you want and where you want to shop, come up with a list of stores that you love the most and find items and save visuals of them so you know what you’re going in for.
Before even thinking about leaving the house on Black Friday, make sure you do your research, check and check again your list of stores and make sure they actually are doing a Black Friday sale in store, and if they are, then check that it is an amount worth to go in for, sometimes shops will have Black Friday discounts that you might know they have less on at another time of year.
3. Don’t get caught up in the hype-
It’s so easy to be misled by some shops, don’t take it that just because they have a %OFF that it is necessarily a good one.
4. Early bird catches the worm-
Many shops open extra early on Black Friday so make sure your up and ready to go and get in the que.
5. Make the best of it-
Like any shopping trip, shop till you drop.
Find out some shops that are taking part in Black Friday and what we know so far…
· House of Fraser ; 16th 27th November up to 40% OFF
· Urban Outfitters ; 23rd-26th November 50% OFF selected lines
· All Saints ; 22nd-28th November 30% OFF
· Kurt Geiger ; 20th-27th November 20% OFF
· ASOS ; (also taking part in cyber Monday) 70% OFF
· Miss Selfridge ; 50% OFF
· GAP ; 40% OFF
· Karen Millen ; 24th- 27th November 25% OFF
· Charlotte Simone ; 24th – 27th November 20% OFF
· John Lewis ; Confirmed they are taking part in Black Friday, discount and dates are still unsure.
Written by Hannah Corkhill